15 / 01 / 2020
Indoor advertising market: facts & figures
- Moscow’s indoor advertising continues to show modern growth. Increase in the number of ad structures in autumn 2019 amounted to 6.5% compared to September 2018. As a whole, the growth of ad structures across Russia for the same period amounted to 23.5%.
- The most optimistic trends are predicted in retail, particularly in food retail. Many retail chains plan to install ad structures in 2020, including those in regions.
- Digital advertising tools are steadily expanding in the medical sector: screens have been installed in health care facilities in addition to those in pharmacies in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
- Filling stations have remained unchanged for the period. However, the segment is expected to develop rapidly. The following factors will affect this process:
- new media at filling stations: city light posters at the entrance and disinfector monitors;
- replacement of previously installed panels + Face ID cameras and Wi-Fi routers to target specific audience. Now a filling station is an advertising space with indoor + outdoor structures that enables all visitors to get acquainted with an advertising message.
- Shopping malls as an advertising segment continue developing in both quantity and quality. Almost every new shopping mall designs digital advertising structures which are rapidly developing in the cities with a population of 300,000-500,000 people. There appear interesting technology-based interactive solutions such as holograms, navigation touch panels, etc. Seamed video walls were replaced by modern seamless structures. LED-7 screens between floors attract more and more top clients. The segment becomes particularly attractive to federal customers since the platform provides quality and long communication with a positive audience when it is ready “to part with the money” or entertain because more and more people spend their leisure time in shopping malls.
- Another positive trend is development of absolutely new segments. Thus, Russian Post, despite its complicated and passive image of the audience, is penetrating the indoor market offering a unique “at the house” coverage. Plans for 2020 are 8,000-10,000 structures in some regions of Russia with two or three surfaces at a post office. Russian Post itself is actively enhancing its image: renovation of post offices, increase in product range, online ordering, and audience analysis using above-mentioned Face ID and Wi-Fi routers. All this will soon have a positive effect, and one can take this channel seriously when planning campaigns for certain types of customers.
- Airports. There was a serious leap in 2018 when Domodedovo and Sheremetyevo introduced new digital tools according to the approved concepts. The potential volume of this segment in Russia can be estimated at 1.5 billion rubles.